Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Days 25-28

I had the most amazing weekend! So much to be grateful for I can't even begin to explain it all! In a few days I'll do a totally thorough picture post of my trip to Kauai with Willy but for now I've got to catch up on my thankfuls from the last few days since I was away from the computer.

Day 25 - I'm thankful for God's hand in our lives. On Friday I absolutely felt the love of God as I viewed one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen on earth. All day long I was in awe of the beauty around me. My favorite children's song at church ends with the words "I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me." A truer sentiment couldn't possibly have been expressed on Friday as we explored the island of Kauai. And at the end of the day the clouds had settled over the mountain where we were sight seeing and we figured we wouldn't be able to see anything at the Kalalau Lookout. We weren't even sure if we should bother getting out of the car. But we did, and God worked a miracle for us that evening. As we approached the lookout the whole valley below was covered by a white wall of clouds. It was so covered, in fact, that we didn't even know what it was we were supposed to be looking at. Within two minutes of arriving and wondering what we were missing because of the thick, dense clouds, they suddenly lifted and rolled up the mountainside exposing the most amazing view of cliffs and color and mountain ridges and peaks and waterfalls. Simply breathtaking. We were in the right place at the right time and I'm so grateful for God's hand in my life! I felt so blessed at that moment.

Kalalau Valley


Day 26 - I'm thankful for the opportunity to reconnect with my husband. We had two full days to ourselves. We talked. We walked. We explored. We took (1500+) pictures. We laughed. We enjoyed each other. It was wonderful. I'm so thankful that we were able to get away together and enjoy that time as Angie and Willy. Just the two of us. It was bliss. It was rejuvenating. I loved every moment of it! I'm grateful for the friends who took our kids overnight so we could grab this opportunity to get away for our 15th anniversary! It was perfect. I'm so thankful we were able to get away and reconnect!

Arms reach self-portrait :) Our fav way to snap a shot hehehe.


Day 27 - I'm thankful for leftovers. And I'm thankful the kids hadn't devoured all the leftovers while we were gone! I had no desire to cook on Sunday and having leftovers totally made my day. I'm particularly thankful for the leftover Autumn Pudding, a favorite among a special group of my friends. I need to share pictures of our Autumn Pudding though because I know it's uniquely different from the ones made by my friends on the mainland, because I use sweet purple (Okinawan) potatoes in mine!

Molly was mesmerized by the purple
potatoes!



Look at that amazing color!! I love these things :)

Getting ready to assemble. Mmm mmm mmm!

The leftovers I got to enjoy when we got home from our trip!

Day 28 - I'm thankful for the scale that didn't climb nearly as much as I expected it to after the one-two punch of Thanksgiving and vacation. And I'm thankful that I have the knowledge and ability to get it moving in the right direction again :)

I'm so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment