Thursday, November 21, 2013

Wearing a new hat...

I'm not busy enough in life, y'know? I just sit around with nothing to do all day (ha!) so I should go ahead and get myself a new gig to keep me busy. Hehehe. In all honesty it was an opportunity that gives me a chance to do two things I love - 1) spend quality fun time with the kiddos and 2) write.

I recently applied for and was chosen to be a PDX Kids Calendar Reviewer! PDX Kids Calendar is an amazing resource for parents and families in the Portland area and partners with the print magazine Metro Parent. It includes an online list of daily events going on around Portland with all the details you need to enjoy the event. Today, for example? TWENTY-THREE calendar items listed ranging from children's theater to playgroups to library story times to discounted art classes. It's really quite awesome and I'm thrilled to have the chance to work with them. I get to occasionally go to events on their calendar and write a review to be featured on the site. Fun times!

Last weekend I had my first assignment! I got to take Toby and Molly to see the children's puppet theater production of The Reluctant Dragon on opening night. It was a fun "date night" and we had a great time! My first review was posted Sunday and I thought I'd link to it here so I don't lose track of it. Can't wait for our next opportunity!!

HERE is the review.

And here are a few more pics from the night. It's apparently impossible to get one decent picture of a 5 year old and an 8 year old together actually cooperating, smiling, looking at the camera with eyes open. Toby is following the example of his older brothers and dad and pretty much flatly refuses to just smile... he must mug for every photo taken. I tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment