Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 13

Day 13 - Today I'm thankful for humor. Soooooo thankful for humor! My family is full of it. It was one of the first things that drew me to Willy. It's the thing that keeps me from throttling my kids some times. We laugh and laugh and laugh together and I'm so grateful for that. Here a few few kid funnies from recently.

-----

Last night Brady was begging to attend the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn with me this coming Thursday night. I told him "It's going to be a theater full of WOMEN. No boys. All women. I'm NOT taking you." And Molly's sweet little convincing voice piped up "I'm a woman!" Sorry sis, you're not going either, but nice try!

------

Ben found a penny from an "ancient" time (like 1963 or something). We were talking about how old it was and I said "Imagine how many transactions have been made with this penny!" He asked what "transactions" means so I explained that I meant to imagine how many times the penny had traded hands, been used to purchase things over the last 50 years or so. He was holding the old penny as I explained myself and then he responded with "It makes me imagine needing to wash my hands." Hahahaha. That's my son!

------

Tonight we were watching the Amazing Race together as a family. We usually watch without commercials but tonight we were actually watching in real time, commercials and all. During one commercial break Brady was rambling about something very important to him (but obviously not very important to me because I can't for the life of me remember what it was...). He was very loud and animated as he talked and then suddenly a Victoria's Secret Angels commercial came on and he stopped mid-word to exclaim "Whoa!" and he never resumed his discussion. I may have to worry about little lady killer Brady, but he's always good for a laugh.

------

Today Brady and Toby came into my room as I was waking up from my nap. I had undressed quickly when nap time came around and had tossed my clothes (including my bra) onto the chair by my bed. My black bra was on my black skirt and Brady accidentally touched it and then recoiled when he realized what it was. But Toby said "a bra? I want to see!" and proceeded to grab it, put it on (upside down) and model it with some pretty impressive posing. He's sexy and he knows it (and he LOVES to make people laugh at just about any cost.)...


I'm thankful for humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment