Monday, November 21, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Days 19 and 20

Day 19 - I am so thankful for other people with cameras! Yesterday we had our family photos done professionally for the first time in I don't know how long. And it was our first time having our photos professionally done outside a studio, so it was such a fun experience!! To get a great family shot, we typically employ one of three methods with varying degrees of success. We usually:
     1) use a tripod, set the timer and run to the blank spot in the family pose, left there intentionally for the push-the-button-and-dash parent,
     2) Set up a family pose and leave a blank spot for the parent taking the photo. Then switch places and take  the same picture but with the previous photographer in the shot while the other parent takes up the position behind the camera. A little fancy Photoshop work and voila.
     3) Scrap the family shot and just take pics of the kids.

Needless to say, we don't have a lot of wall-worthy family photos. So to have abandoned control and just trusted the capable skills of Alana Yates was a wonderful experience, and fun to boot! I can't wait to see what she managed to capture of our crazy, fairly uncooperative crew. I'm thankful for other people with cameras and the skills to use them to capture photos of my family!

Day 20 - I'm thankful for naps. Yeah. I said it. I like sleep. I know I said I was thankful for sleep on day 18, but I'm even more thankful for it today. I was still recovering from the lack of sleep on day 18 and today's nap totally set me right again. Whew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment