Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 29

Day 29 - I'm thankful for (shoot! I'm running out of days!) ...friends. Yes! That's a good catch-all for some important people and groups that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for the friends I've known "forever". Kristi, Marci, Jen, Amanda, Tanya, Tasha, Stephanie. The ones I've known and leaned on for as long as I can remember, the ones who have the dirt on me but only bring it out when we're laughing together about it. The ones I can be apart from for even years at a time but who I slip right back into a comfortable groove with when we find ourselves together again. The ones who were part of important parts of my life. The ones who are important parts of my life.

I'm thankful for the friends I have who happen to also be family. Or who may as well be family. The sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins and long-time family friends.

I'm thankful for the friends I've gathered through all our various moves and who became my confidantes and support system almost immediately when I landed myself in their ward, neighborhood or school boundaries. Beth, Lori, Melinda, Michelle, Wendy.

I'm thankful for the friends I've discovered and leaned on in online forums. October 2001 Playgroup, the June Junglegym, 1997 Playgroup, Xanga. Way way too many people to name individually, but so grateful for each one.

I'm thankful for the friends I've met through Scrap Girls. And while I'm on the topic... I'm thankful for Scrap Girls! (See how I worked in a bonus thankful this month? Seriously! The month is over tomorrow and I have way more blessings to name than thirty days will allow!) I'm really grateful that I had the chance to get involved with this amazing company and website, first as a member of the Welcoming Committee where I made fast and lasting friendships with many amazing women, and then more recently as a member of the Product Design team. I sometimes have to pinch myself to see if this is all real. Me? An artist? Pshaw!!! Yet, here I am, exploring a creative outlet I didn't even know existed four years ago, enjoying every minute of it and somehow even converting that enjoyment and creativity into an income that blesses my family! It's amazing to me and I'm so thankful for Scrap Girls and all that it brings into my life.

I'm so very, Very, VERY thankful for friends. Every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment