Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 5

Day 5 - I'm thankful for the diva princess on the end. The little girl who I was told was "non-viable" early on in my pregnancy. The little girl who refused to be non-viable and hung on for a full-term pregnancy. The little girl who was absolutely missing the body part we were accustomed to seeing on ultrasound, and who turned our lives inside out and upside down with her pinkness. The little girl who made putty out of the men in our home and took complete control of our household. I'm thankful for the little girl who humbled me and helped me understand how difficult breastfeeding can be for many women. I'm also thankful for the little girl who finally figured it out, stopped being so blasted stubborn and started eating properly and gaining weight! I'm thankful for the little girl who has made all my last firsts especially meaningful (last first bath, last first tooth, last first time sleeping through the night, etc.) and who made our family feel complete so we could go through all those firsts for the last time without any doubts or sadness. I'm thankful for the little girl who lets me dress her up and do her hair. The little girl who loves to be pretty and be told she's pretty. The little girl who could go through 12 outfit changes a day if allowed. I'm thankful for the little girl who delights in all things cute, to the point of actually being overcome by the cuteness and hugging me and squealing whenever something tickles her fancy. I'm thankful for the little girl who plays just as rough as her big brothers, but has a dainty prance of a run. The little girl who loves to dance and skip and sing and TALK. The little girl who makes her way into my bed just about every night. The little girl who loves princesses, bubble bath, earrings and nail polish. The little girl who gives out hugs, kisses and "I love yous" with gusto. I'm thankful for the little girl who fulfilled my own girlhood dreams of having a daughter the moment she entered my life.

I'm thankful for Molly.


1 comment:

  1. So very sweet Ang! I love your stories. I missed a couple of days so I need to go back and fill in.

    ReplyDelete